Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Wrapping Hint

I've learned that you should not wrap presents with glittery paper in the same place you fold laundry and triage the ironing.
I happily wrapped up presents on the bed using some new glitter snowflake paper from Hallmark. What I didn't realize, until it was too late, was that the glitter was everywhere. My husband came in and told me that he could not wear the pants that were on the bed because they were too glittery. I refused to wash them again, so I told him he could head off the strange thoughts by just telling everyone what I did. I did use one of those sticky lint rollers to get some of the glitter off as I ironed - although I wondered if the heat might make the glitter permanant. Oh well. Feel free to learn from my mistake.
Today I cleaned off the island in the garage/craft room so we can now wrap presents there. At least the glitter incident got me to clean up the garage before my MIL arrives.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oh dear! You can't help but smile though, can you?? Your poor DH! It takes on even more of a humourous shade when you consider that, to a speaker of British English, 'pants' means underpants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

I don't want to know what he would say about sparkle underpants. But if I ever have enough time to worry about ironing anyones underwear, I have too much time on my hands!