That, is another needlefelted creation. I forgot to include this in the last post. DD the elder made it for their riding instructor. It is made to look like the filly we saw born last spring.
Finally, the other is another altered tin, this time for the president's challenge for my EGA chapter. I'm not done with this, but it will be the top. I've based the tin on a quote from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. "I know a bank where the wild thyme grows...
The top has thyme and oxlips.
Inside, are violet and woodbine (aka honeysuckle). I will finish this as a cushion.
And the cushion will support a rose/eglantine pin in a posy holder. I tried a new technique with the rose. There are 10 petals and I didn't want 10 or 20 wires, so I worked around all 5 petals in each whorl at one time, leaving me with only 4 wires. This had the added advantage of making it easy to embroider and bead the center of the rose.
DD the younger is still writing up her science fair project, but I think I can safely say it is not a good idea to dye anything with koolaid unless you won't be washing it. I'll post more later.