Saturday, June 05, 2021

Moving Right Along with UFOs


My EGA chapter UFO challenge has been great. There are still times when I pick an easier to see project, or a more portable sized project, but for the most part, devoting myself to a project for a month has been good. So far, I've been finishing things, which is very gratifying, but the next round of projects won't be so easy, since there is a lot left, or I'll be staring something new.

In any case, I'm very happy with the Lorna Bateman Acorns and Berries pincushion I finished.



And the Trish Burr field mouse



One of my longer term, low light or watching TV projects is this needlepoint pillow. I've been working on it at my desk while watching webinars or during meetings. The canvas is very well coloured, so it is generally easy to work, and there is a chart for any place where I'm not sure, or I've forgotten what I'm doing because I've stopped to take notes.

It is a kit from Elizabeth Bradley, part of a series of Chelsea Flower Show kits.

I do have another finish of sorts. I finished the final panel on a stretcher that has 6 other sides for Thistle Threads trinket boxes. So I'm ready to actually cover 2 trinket boxes. I shall start tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's so satisfying to finish a UFO, isn't it!