While looking for another pattern this week, I came across an old Leisure Arts leaflet by Betty Burchfield called Needlepoint Borders. It had a really neat woven ribbon design using the border patterns which inspired me to try my own ribbon piece. Not only did I try lots of colours and stitches but I had to do some compensation stitching which is always good practice. I used all DMC floss, except the light pink small flowers which are Weeks Dye Works floss. The red and blue band is the new colour variations DMC floss. I purchase a 12 pack with the weekly coupon from Michaels and I'm very pleased with the way the variegation looks, much better than the old variations floss and better colours too.
On an historical note, I found eyelet stitch in two reproduction samplers I have done which points to the utility of the stitch.