Monday, June 04, 2007

Plimoth Plantation Jacket Project


MY KIT ARRIVED!!!!!

I am so excited. I can hardly wait to get started with this project. For those of you who haven't seen the information about the blog and the project, go to http://www.plimoth.org/embroidery-blog/

The instructions are excellent plus there is a CD with colour photos. And who can resist 4 new spools of silk. I'm trying to figure out when I can start, given that I must get some things done for work this week. I'm thinking I'll read over the instructions while I watch the kids ride, and then wait until Wednesday and Thursday when I have long stretches where I can really get into the stitching. I've used many of the stitches in stumpwork, but then there is this great spiral trellis that I can't wait to try. For those who like to look at stitch instructions there are pdfs of all the stitches in some of the blog entries.

No comments: