Friday, June 08, 2007

TAST 23 Wheatear and Plimoth Jacket sample

I'm afraid after my excitement over the Plimoth Jacket project sample that I wanted to mail off as soon as possible, I had little energy left for wheatear samples, but I did manage a nice row of strawberries. The funniest thing about the wheatear, after seeing the amazing things people have done with it, is the comment in Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Needlework "Works best in straight rows, but may handle gentle curves."

This is what occupied my time, the stitch sample I'm sending off to Plimoth Plantation in hopes of participating in their jacket project. My favourites, which ktj concurs with, are the Ceylon stitch worm and the Spiral Trellis circle. The bottom sample is not in my test sample below, it is Detached Buttonhole Needlelace. The bottom right section lifts up.

3 comments:

Marty52 said...

I want to thank you for giving us the link to The Embroiderers' Story blog. It is fantastic! I'm hoping to use some of the stitches in my next project.

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for posting the trials on your Plimoth Plantation. I'd read about that project in a couple of places. Glad you've gotten involved there.

Specially like that grid on your wheatear samples.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Thank you for passing by my blog and identifying the flowers for me.It is a rather romantic notion that they were nutured all the way from Canada.
I like wheatear samples in straight lines too, need to get on and complete mine.

Best Wishes

Maggie